Join us as a volunteer on the island of Lesvos, Greece or remotely. We are always looking for volunteers with varied backgrounds for different roles within our organisation. There's no better way to make an impact than to become an active advocate yourself.
This position will assist founder Omar Alshakal and management in identifying donor resources, raising funds and writing proposals for long-term organisational sustainability.
Location is negotiable and payment is 10% of funds raised.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organisations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations offering donations)
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organisation
- Assist management in developing business plans to generate income from various sources.
- Build contacts with potential individual donors.
- Organise or provide assistance in organising any fundraising events for Refugee4Refugees
This is a Lesvos-based role where you work with our Volunteer Coordinator based in Skala Sikamineas. You will be involved in daily tasks that include spotting for boats, refugee transport, cooking at Stage 2 refugee camp and emergency response to boat landings on Lesvos' northern coast. You may also be needed at a warehouse we run, where we collect and distribute clothes and aid for refugees in Moria Camp. It's opposite the camp, near Mitilini.
Minimum volunteer duration is 2 weeks and minimum age is 19 years old.
You must be motivated with an adaptable attitude as the tasks will vary. You may be busy with refugee boats arriving (day or night) or if there are fewer arrivals you will be required to help at the Mitilini warehouse and maintenance at the UNHCR Stage 2 Camp.
This is a non-political role and political activism is not encouraged. We work to help refugees in their immediate needs, regardless of political viewpoints.
Send us your resume, your availability and why you are interested in working with us.
This position will assist founder Omar Alshakal on the ground in Lesvos, organising volunteers and running daily operations. We run solely on volunteers so you would recruit new applicants, coordinate their rota, tasks and training.
We can provide free accommodation, although it's a minimum 3 month role.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- organise rotas and provide inductions and training
- ensure there is appropriate support and training for volunteers
- attend meetings as a representative for Refugee4Refugees
- manage budgets and resources, including the reimbursement of expenses
- keep up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and make any necessary modifications to accommodate changes
- generate income, write funding bids and raise funds to make projects sustainable
- undertake any other administrative duties
Minimum age for applicants is 25.
Must have a drivers license.
Note this is a non-political role and political activism is not encouraged. We work to help refugees in their immediate needs, regardless of political viewpoints.
POSITION FILLED UNTIL 08/18.