Join us as a volunteer on the island of Lesvos, Greece or remotely. We are always looking for volunteers with varied backgrounds for different roles within our organisation. There's no better way to make an impact than to become an active advocate yourself.
R4R is a partner in the Omprakash network. If you are interested in volunteering with R4R, please follow the link below and apply through the Omprakash website. https://www.omprakash.org/global/refugee4refugees
This position will assist founder Omar Alshakal and management in identifying donor resources, raising funds and writing proposals for long-term organisational sustainability.
Location is negotiable and payment is 10% of funds raised.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organisations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private corporations offering donations)
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organisation
- Assist management in developing business plans to generate income from various sources.
- Build contacts with potential individual donors.
- Organise or provide assistance in organising any fundraising events for Refugee4Refugees
This is a Lesvos-based role where you work with our Volunteer Coordinator based in Mitilini. You will work at a warehouse we run, where we collect and distribute clothes and aid for refugees in Moria Camp. It's opposite the camp, near Mitilini. You may also be involved in spotting for boats, refugee transport, and emergency response to boat landings on Lesvos.
Minimum volunteer duration is 2 weeks and minimum age is 19 years old.
You must be motivated with an adaptable attitude as the tasks will vary.
This is a non-political role and political activism is not encouraged. We work to help refugees in their immediate needs, regardless of political viewpoints.
This position will assist founder Omar Alshakal on the ground in Lesvos, organising volunteers and running daily operations. We run solely on volunteers so you would recruit new applicants, coordinate their rota, tasks and training.
We can provide free accommodation, although it's a minimum 3 month role.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- organise rotas and provide inductions and training
- ensure there is appropriate support and training for volunteers
- attend meetings as a representative for Refugee4Refugees
- manage budgets and resources, including the reimbursement of expenses
- keep up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and make any necessary modifications to accommodate changes
- generate income, write funding bids and raise funds to make projects sustainable
- undertake any other administrative duties
Minimum age for applicants is 25.
Must have a drivers license.
Note this is a non-political role and political activism is not encouraged. We work to help refugees in their immediate needs, regardless of political viewpoints.